RAID FORMENTERA by Baleària +30 km
The MARNATON eDreams events are held in exceptional, natural coastal environments, with some sections being part of a Natural Park and/or Nature Reserve. We must remind all participants of the importance of respecting the environment around us at all times, and therefore helping to protect it.
MARNATON requests everyone’s cooperation in leaving no trace of our presence behind and, after the event, to leave the area in a better condition than we found it.
As an open water swimmer you respect and protect the environment.
- Participant requirements
- It will be mandatory to register in groups of 2 to 6 swimmers.
- There will be two modalities:
- Modality team: in which all the components must complete the entire route.
- Relay mode: in which at least one of the components must remain in the water making as many changes as they want.
- Any person of any nationality, federated or not, who is in an optimal state of health and conveniently trained to perform the event may participate.
- Authorized event for people over 18, born from 2002.
- Have successfully completed all the steps and requirements for registration within the corresponding deadlines.
- Accept the disclaimer and submit a medical certificate or stress test signed by a doctor certifying that you are prepared to perform this event.
- All the information required in the registration process must be truthful. The organization is not responsible for the falsehoods or errors that the participant records at the time of registration.
- Registration for the event is personal and non-transferable and implies acceptance of these regulations.
Registration is only done through the MARNATON website (www.marnaton.com)
- Registration period: 20 days before the date of the test or once the limit of participants is reached.
- Accident insurance.
- Medical assistance during the event (boats with rescue personnel) and on arrival (Ambulance with medical personnel).
- Provisioning during the crossing and at the end
- Transfer to the point of departure and return to the same point.
- Event swimming cap.
- Event shirt.
- Classification and arrival time.
- Finisher Medal
- Trophies for absolute winners.
- Withdrawal management: The organization will return 80% if the withdrawal is requested more than one month before the event, 50% if requested more than 15 days before the event and there will be no refund if it is in less than 15 days.
- Change of name: they will only be accepted up to 7 days before the test. The organization will not charge for this management.
- Change of event: Under no circumstances will changes from one registration of one test to another be accepted, neither from this year nor from the next edition.
- Cancellation of the test: if due to adverse conditions or force majeure outside the organization, it is obliged to cancel the test or modify the route or schedules, the registration fee will not be refunded in any case. The organization may propose a new date for the event.
- Swimmer’s bag collection
- To collect the swimmer’s bag, it will be essential to present the ID, PASSPORT or NIE of the registered person (original or photocopy).
- In the delivery each participant must check that their bag is: swimming cap of the event, shirt of the event, Bag for Cloakroom.
- The bag will be delivered the day before the event. In no case will the bag be delivered the same day of the event.
The swimmer must use the Swimming bag, identified with their participant number, to be provided by the organization to store their personal belongings. The bag will travel on the boat at all times so it is possible for the objects inside to get wet if they are not sufficiently protected.
Once the crossing is over, the skipper will bring the bags to the arrival.
Swimmers transfers from arrival to the start will be made before the competition by buses and / or boats. The schedules of the transports will be published and informed with the due advance in the web.
- Mandatory technical equipment
All participants are required to carry the following material, which can be verified at the start and / or at any point of the race.
- Swimming goggles
- Swimming cap provided by the organization.
- Swimming wetsuit is still highly recommended. Anyway, swimmers who submit the form can swim without neoprene demonstrating that they are able to swim 4 hours without neoprene with water at less than 17ºC.
- If the water temperature is below 17ºC, the organization reserves the right to force the use of wetsuit.
- Buoy: its use is allowed.
The organization also recommends carrying the following material:
- Vaseline or oil to prevent injuries.
- Sun cream, better anti-jellyfish.
The organization may add some type of mandatory material not included in this section. In this case, this material will be notified well in advance to the participants through the web or by email.
- There will be only one start Any participant who is late for start cannot participate. Being automatically disqualified.
- The teams, consisting of 2 to 6 swimmers, will be guarded at all times by a boat. The pace of swimming is free throughout the tour. Setting passage limits each km for a maximum of 20 ’/ km (including stops).
- The boat will be equipped with a station to have direct contact with the ground team for any setback that may arise.
- The boat will not be separated more than 25 meters from the swimmer.
- There will be two categories: Teams and relays.
- In the event that a swimmer gets on the boat, he will be automatically disqualified. But your team can continue.
- The members of the same team must swim in a grouped way and cannot be separated more than 10 meters between the swimmer who heads the group and the one who closes it.
The organization will NOT mark the route being the guiding boat that guides the swimmer.
For the proper development of the event, the organization reserves the right to modify the trajectory of a swimmer if it considers that it is jeopardizing its integrity or the integrity of other members of the crossing, or if it considers that it is breaking the regulatory distance. The decision of the judges on the boats will be indisputable and can generate a claim once the test is over.
- Support vessels
Swimmers will be guarded by rescue boats in order to ensure the safety of swimmers.
The organization will facilitate the provisioning, which will consist of water, isotonic drinks, bananas and gels.
Each guide boat will be in charge of supplying said refreshment to the swimmer or swimmers whenever they request it or by an agreed guideline before starting.
If the swimmer has special needs at the nutrition level, he can load the product he considers as long as it does not exceed 2kg in total.
In no case may the participant throw the packaging or packaging of the supplies into the sea. Said act will be penalized with disqualification.
If a participant decides to leave, we advise:
- Notify the vessel and it will notify the nearest rescue vessel to proceed to evacuation.
The organization reserves the right to force a swimmer to abandon the event:
- Whenever a swimmer shows signs of extreme fatigue, dehydration, hypothermia, extremely slow rhythm when swimming or any abnormal symptoms that prevent him from swimming normally.
- If the swimmer violates any of the rules that govern this regulation (see disqualification section).
- Once the regulatory cut-off time has elapsed since the start of the test (20 minutes / Km).
- In the case of adverse conditions and / or force majeure, the organization will be obliged to cancel the test by evacuating all participants.
- In the event that a participant has to be evacuated, the organization will establish one or more evacuation points with health care depending on the route.
|TYPE OF FAULT
|Disposing of rubbish in unauthorized areas or any kind of behaviour which does not respect the natural environment
|Unsporting behaviour towards other athletes or the organization
|Lack of compulsory equipment
|Participating in the event without having signed up
|Expulsion and a ban on participating in future events
|Participating with someone else’s bib number
|Not passing the obligatory chip control points
(starting point, end point, mid-point if any)
Time penalties will be decided depending on the seriousness of the infringement.
|Not following the route marked out by the organization
|Failure to assist another person
|Withdrawal without informing the organization of your withdrawal
||Ban on participating in future events
|Not following orders from stewards or medical staff
|Climbing into a support vessel, kayak or refreshment boat
|Exceeding the maximum permitted swimming time
||Disqualification and should give up the event in a boat of the organization
The organization reserves the right to penalize any form of behaviour not contained on the above list of faults which violates the provisions of these rules.
- Modification of the route and / or suspension of the crossing.
There are two possible stages in the RAID, and the organization will chose the best one depending on the weather. For reasons of force majeure beyond its control the organization reserves the right to suspend, divert, neutralize or modify the time slots and / or the routes and supplies of the event.
This decision will be taken in a technical committee, agreeing with maritime authorities and safety device, taking into account security. As well as respecting the conditions to which the permits are subject.
They can be grounds for partial or total cancellation:
- Wave of a significant height of more than 1 meters
- Winds of more than 15 knots. Whenever the wind direction affects the route.
- Visibility less than one nautical mile
- Jellyfish plague
- Anyone that the organization deems does not guarantee the safety of the participants.
- Classification System
At the end of the test, couples will have half an hour before the awards ceremony for possible modifications and / or claims about the classification.
Each team will be classified based on the time taken to reach the goal of the last of the components to arrive.
This event is not scoring for the Cup.
The first classified team of each category will receive a trophy.
- Team category
- Relay category
- Disclaimer and Declaration of Physical Fitness
- Registering for the event implies the participant’s acceptance of the rules and that they are properly prepared for the crossing, being aware of the severe weather conditions which can be found in the area where the race is being held. Consequently, the participant holds harmless the organization for any possible health problems which may arise as a result of their participation in the race.
- Participants registered in the event understand that they are taking part in the competition voluntarily and at their own risk and, therefore, they release the Organizers of the event of all liabilities and agree not to bring any cases against the organizers, partners, sponsors and other participants, or to make any claim of civil liability against the foregoing parties. For this purpose, when registering, the participant must tick the box to accept the disclaimer to complete their registration.
- The organization recommends that all swimmers do a 3000m test in a swimming pool. Ideally this will be completed in less than 60 minutes, and no more than 70, to be able to successfully complete the crossing.
- The organization does not recommend participating in the event if the result of the 3000m test in the swimming pool is a time over 70 minutes.
- The organization recommends that all the participants have an annual medical stress test/review.
- In recent years, with the popularity of outdoor and long-distance sports, sadly, the number of deaths among the participants is rising; this is why the organization insists on taking the strictest precautions.
- Please remember that the challenge insurance does not cover conditions such as heart attacks.
- Medical questionnaire
All participants must complete a questionnaire about Medical information. In the case of answering affirmatively any of the questions, to be able to participate it will be indispensable to upload the required medical certificate to the platform.
- The certificate must be completed by a qualified doctor, with signature and number of collegiate.
- It will specify the tests that the doctor has estimated that by age or risk have been carried out.
- The participant declares that all the information presented in the medical certificate is true.
- The participant declares that all information appearing on the medical certificate is accurate.
- Changes of regulation
If the organization considers it to be necessary, it may change these rules. Due notice of the changes will be given to the participants. Registration implies acknowledgement and acceptance of these rules.
- Image rights
The organizing body reserves the right to use any type of photograph, film or recording that it takes, as long as it is related to participation in the event. The organizing body exclusively reserves the right over the image of the MARNATON challenges, as well as of the audio-visual, photographic and journalistic exploitation of the competition.
In accordance with the provisions of article 21 of Law 34/2002 on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y el Comercio Electrónico), we request your consent to carry out marketing communications which we consider may be of interest to you, by email or by any any other method of equivalent electronic communication.
Any media or marketing project will have to have the organization’s prior express consent in writing. Otherwise, all legal actions will be taken that are considered to be relevant.
- Data protection
Data protection. In compliance with the provisions of the General Ruling of Data Protection 976/2016, MM MARNATON 2008 S.L. (hereinafter referred to as MARNATON) with Tax Identification Code: B64835390, informs you that the personal data that you provided on the registration form on the website: www.marnatonedreams.com is incorporated into an automated file which MARNATON is responsible for; the purpose of this file is to administer and manage your participation in the event.
In any case, you may withdraw your consent at any given time and exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and objection, by writing for this purpose to MARNATON using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.